Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Random Thoughts


If it looks like a killer, acts like a killer, and has killer in its name...don't f*ck with it.

I grew up at the beach, love aquariums, and have been to SeaWorld many times. In fact, up until the age of 8 I legitimately set my sights at being a mermaid as my career goal. However, I have always respected the ocean and feared it. Stepping on a sand shark as a child can do that to ya. Look, I feel awful for the family of the trainer that was pulled to her death yesterday by a killer whale during a performance at SeaWorld, but let's be real. It's a killer whale. Hello. Combine anything with "Killer" in front of it and captivity, and this is what happens (ps this was the third death this whale caused).

Now excuse me while I harvest honey for my tea from some killer bees. Mmm deathly.

Movie snooze.

I finally saw Avatar. I'm not sure if the extreme hype affected me or what, but I don't see what's all the hub bub. It was entertaining, but so was Jurassic Park, The Matrix, and Alien. I do love that phony ponies played a major role in the flick! I wonder where the studio got the hair from. Probably Star Beauty Supply on Crenshaw and Normandie.

News snooze.

While home in Cali for a much needed sun break I noticed the striking difference between what is considered "top news" in LA and in Pittsburgh. Here were the first four "top" news stories:

1. Extensive coverage of the Tiger news conference.
2. Rain possibly in the forecast. (Ooh scary! B please.)
3. Kim Kardashian did an in-store to debut her "celebrity" cupcake: pink vanilla frosting.
4. Hemp Con 2010.

I think by the 20 minute mark or so they finally touched on the health care bill debate, jobless rates, and the upcoming gubernatorial race.

In contrast, Pittsburgh evening news usually leads with a combination of the following (at least these last few months):

1. Snow.
2. More Snow.
3. Awful road conditions causing accidents due to the never-ending snow.
4. Snow.

Then they'll get to local crime and national news, but not before they talk about hockey and football.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I needed a brain break. Back to the grind...

Smooches,

KB

No comments: