Monday, December 3, 2007

Memo to Breeders


Not all gay people like each other. Shocker, but putting two gay guys in a room together does not guarantee an orgasm. Okay, maybe sex is guarenteed, but not a relationship.

I say this after being set up on a blind date recently. This girl who I met a few times and is friends with work friends decided that she new someone who would be great for me. I used to be flattered by such offerings. Afterall, there aren't many guys out there that I would trust one of my nannies with. However, after meeting the guy I realized that when she said I know someone who would be great for you she actually meant I know another gay guy.

Clearly she had not considered whether we would be compatible. At all. I knew it wouldn't work when he told me what he would be wearing. It sounded bad. It looked worse. I saw him and thought to myself oh no, I wonder if he saw me. Maybe if I just walk out I can pretend like this never happened and I can later tell them both that I was abducted by mexicans. But, I didn't.

Being the nice christ-like boy that I am I stuck around. But, I decided not to look directly at him. He wasn't fug, but he wasn't for me. Let's just say that I don't see many us couples running around. Er. I don't wanna see many us couples running around. And, homie was 36. I prefer to get my antiques at yard sales, fanks. And he lived in somebody's Brooklyn. And had dated a woman whilst in his 30s. That ain't even right. I am pretty sure that it takes much longer to get rid of those kooties!

He was really nice though and if I weren't shallow I would have "emailed" him like I said I would. I mean, you know it's not going to work if the other person plans to follow up with an email right? And on that note, motherfuck gmail for just adding him to my contacts list without my consent. I hope he didn't see the status message that read: "you will not set me up with a temp." Oh, and I hope he doesn't read this here blog.

Anywho, I had to get that one off my chest.

1 comment:

KelleBelle said...

Loves that your back! And loves that you referenced "Us couples". :)

Meanwhile, the promise of an e-mail follow up OR text is never a good sign...I always say, "I'll text you!" when I escape lame dates.