Wednesday, April 9, 2008

If I Were Queen

Remember this day kids. I am officially a fan of Sean "Puff Daddy" "Diddy" "Swole Jaw" "Multiple Baby Daddy" Combs. I'm still not a big fan of his solos, I'm not convinced of his acting skills, nor will you ever catch KB in any of his women's wear. But I am a fan of him overall. Officially.

First, I must admit that a few weeks ago, unbeknownst to most of you (due to pride and shame), I got turned out on Making the Band! I never watched the show before, but a few friends of mine are die-hard fans. I watched the two hour finale with them, and as the credits rolled I was on-line looking for tickets for the MTB tour. I kid you not.

I was counting down the days til I could download Donnie Klang's single! Danity Kane's "Damaged" came on in the club a couple weekends ago and ya girl KB was on the dance floor like a damn reject from Girlicious. Just shakin' it uncontrollably. And let's not even get to my crushes within Day 26, Diddy's boy band.

But why am I choosing today as the day to come out as a fan of Bad Boy's patriarch? Four words: If I Were King.

It's an uber egotistical, over-dramatic, hour and a half-long advertisement for Sean John. (I'm sure it'll repeat on MTV a thousand times so no worry if you missed it tonight.) And I realize it's well scripted and planned out, but I can't hate on his skills nor his drive. Because he was doing all sorts of Making the Band amazingness (and making a cameo with his numerous children) while preparing for Fashion Week 08. That's what I call hustle. But yo, real talk: seeing how he stuck to his vision of having an all-black runway was incredible. "Are you trying to undermine me? ...No? Then why do I see white faces?" Awesome.

Much more fulfilling than J.Lo's fashion line mini-doc a few years ago where the highlight of the show was her demand for "more baby hair!" on the models.

Well done, Diddy.

KB

ps: Diddy's Chinese/Black designer/right hand man can call me!

No comments: