Monday, February 23, 2009

E-maul Me


There is an ancient Chinese proverb, I forgot it already, that basically says to have a good relationship, you must have a row. And how you deal with the row is really a sign as to how strong your relationship is.

I completely agree with the proverb. I'll update the blog with the exact proverb for you sticklers.

Meanwhile, I have to say, friends that I haven't had a good old fashioned row or disagreement with usually aren't worth the cocktails the friendship was founded on. Real talk, besides a slight number of friendships that have only been smooth sailing, the majority of my friendships have encountered some defining row - and how we mutually dealt with the row really signified the strength of the friendship.

I feel that it really is how you deal with rows (or disagreements for you non-European/Caribbean folks) that tells you how solid your relationship is - friendship OR romantical ;).

If you and I haven't had a good row, we likely aren't that hard core of friends. And even if you think we haven't had one, if we have encountered an awkward/hurtful series of events, I count that as a "row": and how we moved past said row really speaks to our friendship, in my humble opinion.

All my main b's and I have had disagreements, and if I haven't thrown down (even on a teeny tiny level), you're likely not gonna be invited to my wedding, baby daddy shower, and/or Kingston's bar mitzvah, etc.

Thoughts?

Smooches!

KB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing