Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Random Thoughts



1. Lessons learned from the Steve McNair Tragedy.

Be careful who your side piece is. It's looking like the murder of the beloved football player was at the hands of his 20-year-old jump off. McNair was married with 4 kids but seemingly had a separate life with his chick, whom he met while she was a waitress at a Dave and Busters that he frequented with his family. I highly doubt this tragedy will cause other professional athletes (and regular joes) to second guess a booty offering from a young crazy broad, but I hope so.


2. The Michael Jackson coverage.

I'm sorry but has everyone (I'm talking to you CNN!) lost their damn minds? MJ was an incredible figure in our society and affected many people by his music and generous contributions to charities...but yo, the coverage of his death and memorial service is off the wall (yup, pun intended!). You would think this dude cured cancer, freed slaves, something! I was not around when JFK was shot, but I can only see this kind of media coverage when a figure such as John John dies in such a tragic and public fashion. Not the sudden death of a pop star (yes he was King of pop but you know that doesn't make him technically royalty fyi) who was visibly unhealthy and had a lengthy history of medical problems...I'm just saying, let the man rest, and let's focus on other issues in addition to the tragic loss of MJ. Has anyone heard an update on the two reporters imprisoned in North Korea lately? Any news on Afghanistan? Hello? Uncle Leo?

3. Oprah's fat. Again.


I called my mom yesterday to tell her to watch the Oprah show. It was about her weight challenges. I watched the first 5 minutes and really liked what I was hearing. Oprah was being "real" and I appreciated it. She said that you'd think with all the money, fame, success, she'd be happy...but if you still cannot control your weight and can't fit into your clothes, you can never be fully at peace or happy. I completely understand.

I talked to mom dukes today and we spoke about the show. Moms had me dying! She said she liked the show but she disagreed with one thing O said. It was about the pressure that she feels each month when she has to go the "O" Magazine cover shoot and try on clothes. My mom said, "well, if she didn't put herself on the cover each month, that would relieve a lot of pressure." True dat! Moms was like, "it was fine the first few months the magazine came out, but after that it got annoying. I mean, who else only has a picture of themselves on their magazine each month?" I gotta agree. Sure she's shared the cover with her dogs and Michelle O once. But she really doesn't need to be on the cover each month. I wonder if she'll be sandwiched in betwixt Venus and Serena for next month's cover in light of their Wimbledon battle?

Alright y'all...until the next time.

Smooches!

KB

No comments: