Wednesday, August 13, 2008

KelleBelle Goes for the Gold!

My competition? Scoop! Olympic Style.

There have been a few note-worthy happenings over in Beijing.

1. "The little singing girl must be flawless."



Hats off to the Chinese powers-that-be for subbing a cuter girl to lip synch over a buck toothed child. I don't really see what's the big hub bub. I completely co-sign. Image is everything!

Real talk: that's pretty foul of them to do to the little girl. But she will grow up, move, and make tons of dough singing and producing. The cutey will lose her appeal by age 20.

2. The Spaniards bite the hand that feeds (and hosts) them.


"An advertisement for the Spanish Basketball Federation that appeared in the Spanish daily sports newspaper Marca featured Spain's 15 national team members in uniform pulling back the skin on their eyelids, with smiles on their faces. The team photo was taken at a center court bearing a dragon logo. " (ABC.com)

Not only are they pissing off their Olympic host country, they may need a new supplier of kicks. Li-Ning is the Chinese footwear company sometimes called “the Nike of China,” and is one of the team's biggest sponsors.

3. I told you we can swim!


The U.S. men's 4x100-meter freestyle relay team won Olympic gold...with the help of a black guy! Yes! Cullen Jones is the first African American to participate in an Olympic swim relay final and the second to win gold. Woot!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

KELLEBELLE.....WOOT IS RIGHT, OUR
CULLEN SWAM FOR THE TEAM & GOLD...
JUST THINK ABOUT WHAT AN INSPIRATION HE WILL & CAN BE FOR OUR FOLKS & IF I HAD THE MOOLA RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT I WOULD TRULY
FINANCE A SWIMMING ACADEMY FOR THAT
VERY PURPOSE (NOT THAT I AM TRYING TO PLAN HIS LIFE, BUT I AM SURE IT
IS IN THE WORKS)!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR CLEVER (NEVER EVER SHALLOW) & INSPIRED THOUGHTS!..Love Ya, GoGo

Jake A. McKenzie said...

Meanwhile, I am definitely going to get someone hotter to represent me on the blog. Mmm hmmm. Image is everything. And, I wouldn't want to sully mine with this trashy site. Sike!