Sunday, August 10, 2008

Random Thoughts with KelleBelle


Did you ever notice...

...that when people on TV and in movies carry groceries it's always a large brown paper bag with some sort of green leaf lettuce and a baguette sticking out? My bag never looks like that. Swap a bottle of vodka for the the bread and a fashion magazine for the lettuce and you'll be close.

...the brides and grooms featured in Jet's wedding announcement section are always graduates of the most far out hbcu ever? Ex: "The groom, a graduate of southeastern missouri of south carolina technical A&G state university said 'I Do' to his bride, a cum laude graduate of east west southern state university orangeburg campus, at Tabernacle Baptist Holy Christ Church in Fayetteville, NC. The couple will honeymoon in Raleigh."*


..how some people are up in arms about a makeup company engaging in the routine practice of (gasp!) altering the image of one of its slangers to comform to the european standard of beauty to which they cater to; but are cool with a white actor literally in black face for an upcoming big budget movie? I'm not co-signing either move. Although, I can't wait to see the flick! But in protest, I'll cop it on the bootleg tip.





Once again, thanks for indulging my random, somewhat shallow, thoughts.

KelleBelle

*I'm not only going to hell for that one, but I'll surely be traded to the J's in the next race draft. Ah well. It was only a matter of time...

3 comments:

Thembi Ford said...

The wedding section is what I miss most about my now-expired subscription to Jet, because I used to feel so superior like 95% of the time...but then I saw some kids from college in there and was just embarassed.

The Love Collective said...

Pure comedy. Great post.
I'm loving your blog.
Let's blogroll each other, shall we?

http://boughettonews.blogspot.com/

lmw said...

RE: grocery bags on TV.
OMG. I noticed that too! The baguette and the green leafy vegetable! HA HA. I can't believe you wrote that. We're kindred spirits. First Seinfeld now this. HA HA.