Monday, January 5, 2009

Random Thoughts!


Moxie Crimefighter? Fine. Chuck? nay.

A co-worker just informed me that Rebecca Romjin and Jerry O'Connel had their twins...and the names are rough: Dolly and Charlie. I'm all for celebs naming their kiddos off-the-wall monikers, but at least be creative. If you're going to subject your youngins to a childhood full of schoolyard beatings, at least make the names worthwhile.


Sorry, did I mention they had two girls? Dolly? I guess. But Charlie? For a girl? Why would you name your child after a low-budget perfume made mildly popular in the 90s by a failed MTV VJ (Duff)? Not cool.

Update: A semi-famous boxer (Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao) just named his newborn baby girl Queen Elizabeth. Now that is a name worth fighting for (on the playground).

Mahcuss dahhhling...

With the tragic passing of fresh black girl Eartha Kitt, I couldn't help but think of the soon to be produced biopic of her life (you know it's coming). Who do you think should play her? If you say Bey I will slap you across your face. I'm thinking Taraji P. Henson. Thoughts?


The Crimson Tide* - Real World Style
I opened my gmail today with a shiny new message from the dean of my law school. She wanted to give alums the heads up that she will be nominated by B-rack today as Solicitor General of the U.S. Well ain't that about a b. Go 'head girl. She always wore the most awful pant suits, had deplorable hair, and never used a stitch of desperately needed makeup, but I like what she has done for the school, so I'm happy for her.

Then I got to thinking...the White House is going to be full of Crimson jerks (ps: do you think anyone will have the nads to suggest "Soul Man" for white house movie night?).


A few other HU peeps in the cabinet (I'm too lazy to research right now), combined with B and 'Chelle being HLS alums, will make DC awash with the crimson tide.

But I couldn't help but wonder: what would have happened if that other party won? I'm guessing the general manger of the Anchorage Walmart would have been a shoe-in for secretary of the treasury, and Arnold Schwarzenegger (or Hulk Hogan) would be set for secretary of defense. Elizabeth Hasslebeck would be in like flynn for the Secretary of State position and shamed Senator Larry Craig would be snagged for US ambassador to the UN (he is well known for his ability to reach across the (bathroom) aisle - hey oh!).

That's all for today's edition of Random Thoughts...back to work!

Smooches,

KB

*See comments section for explanation of my "mis-use" of this term and others

5 comments:

Jake A. McKenzie said...

Umm, Crimson Tide is Alabama and HU is Howard University. When did the blog get saddidy!?

KelleBelle said...

First of all, Crimson Tide will always first be a quality film starring Mr. Gene Hackman.

Second, HU stands for Howard, Hofstra, or Harvard in a pinch. You know I'm lazy!

Ps: this blog been sadiddy son! Blue shirts anyone? ;)

ncaaf said...

Kelly, the movie is named after the TEAM!!! you can't say that the movie came first!

KelleBelle said...

Sorry Jeff - I don't know who you are but clearly you don't know how KB rolls. I name stuff randomly all the time. Your new name is now Cedric. See how that works?

I was just making up for Harvard's crappy non-mascot. So I added a Tide. Sue me!

Thanks for your comment!

Jake A. McKenzie said...

OH.MY.GOD...best response to a comment evere. Cedric, please come back ;)