Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Black Folk's Hell

One of my fav bloggers, Thembi, (whatwouldthembido.blogspot.com) and I were having a lovely afternoon girl talk session via Gchat today when she mentioned one of her neighbors stole her copy of Jet magazine. I know what you're thinking, "Who the hell has a subscription to Jet? It's still in print?"



After Thembi informed me that the magazine is definitely still in circulation and pinned the subscription on her moms, I told her that the Jet thief would surely go to hell for their sin. And not just any hell, Black Folk's Hell! What makes Black Folk's Hell different you ask?

Well, for starters, as soon as you enter, your hair transforms into a messy Jheri Curl. The juices soak your clothes and burn your eyes and neck as they run down your face all day, everyday. The Cosby Show never existed, and Birth of a Nation plays on repeat. In addition Thembi added, in Black Folk's Hell, chicken does not exist, and lotion is a made-up concept. People's knees and elbows are constantly bleeding due to the extreme level of ashiness.



Meanwhile, I hear VH1 is in the works to make the above concept into a reality show. And that Jake, is really Black Folk's Hell.

No chile, Jake is at work. That, my friend, is black folk hell. (Giggles).

Note: The jheri curled tool pictured above is "Punk" from ILNY2. And also, a former classmate of mine at Harvard Law. Thanks for simultaneously shaming your people and devaluing my degree, jerkwad!

1 comment:

Invisible Woman said...

Forgive me, but who is that dude?