Tuesday, May 27, 2008

UPDATE: 10 Things I don't like about Facebook...

...and a few things I do!

Alright before all you Facebook maniacs go nuts, keep it together. I'm still not a huge fan, but I will admit, Facebook is growing on me. In KB fashion, I will explain why via a list:

1. It is much neater, cleaner, safer, and non-threatening than Myspace. I hadn't been on Myspace in awhile and when I returned I was horrified to see some of the shenanigans that were going on. All sorts of inappropriateness including awfully obscene profile pictures, names, and annoying artist-types hawking their latest attempt to break into the music/film/party scene. I had to wash my face with scalding hot water to cleanse the filth that I witnessed while on a friend's page simply to wish him a happy birthday. My word.

2. You find out you have things in common with folks you previously wrote off. This is easy on FB because of those damn mini-feeds and crap that I previously complained about. I still find them annoying but they are also a good tool to learn things about people that you would normally not know or care to find out. Like having the same evening plans of eating cupcakes and watching anything on Bravo.

New things I don't like:

1. Applications. I don't like or trust them. Just because my friend added me as one of her Entourage (FB speak for "Top Friends") doesn't mean I want to have the application and hand over all my personal information to the maker of such an application. It's not fair. If I don't add it, my friend can't include my lil pic in hers? That's foul. And pushy. Meanwhile, I wonder if there is a Main B's application...

2. Feelings can still get hurt! Um, when I add you as a friend, I mean it. So when I send a message I expect a reply. The nerve! Just for that I'm definitely snubbing you the next time I see you in person and you want to look cool by chatting with KB and her bevy of beauties that make up her real-life entourage. ...Next!

No comments: