Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thin Line - Sex and The City Edition



















After a few readers asked me to post about the Sex and The City movie, I couldn't help but wonder: why not make a special SATC thin line edition?

Love



To be honest Jake, I didn't love the movie. I give it an "eh". What I did love was the entire production of going to the movie. Groups of gals all over the country got together and made a huge event out of it. I think any movie that can bring girlfriends together like that is a good thing, even if the movie itself is just aiight. The cosmos before, during (yes, during), and after the movie were fantastic though!

Hmmm. Love, KB? I must say that Jake loved that they all looked so great and didn't seem to age one bit. I appreciate that they got in shape and pulled it together because God knows I had seen some really bad photos of a few of them during their time off (particularly Miranda). I thought SJP's body was sick! I was in awe. I love you SJP...let's work out together! Oh, and I heart me some Charlotte.

Hate

I hated that besides Samantha, all of the characters worked through the same ol' problems and hang-ups that plagued them time and time again throughout the show. It was quite disappointing to see them confront the same issues that I thought were resolved in the show, and in the end the moral of the story was essentially: you're too old (and haggard! damn those b's aged.*) to land anyone else so just accept whatever scraps he gives you. Boo.

Jake hated Jennifer Hudson. Grrr. What is the all the rage about with her? I thought she was bad in Dreamgirls and even worser in SATC. Each scene with her made me sad. Perhaps it's the chemistry between the rest of them that made her stand out? I don't know, but if you are going to be chubbers you better be great! There are about 50 pretty chicks that could done what she did and perhaps added to the whole fashion aspect of the movie.

I also hated all the attention on Miranda and her business. I was so over all of it. I also hated all the lonely, lifeless bitches who were so excited about this movie. They got all dressed up, clapped when it came on, clapped during scenes, and applauded once it ended. I was like you all need a life and stop living through these bitches and their problems from the nineties. Then when the lights came on I realized that these were all fat bitches and they were alle ating popcorn and watching the movie. Would Carrie or Samantha or Charlotte have popcorn at a movie? Nope. Why am I so mean? Oh, and one last thing. I hated that Samantha didn't screw the neighbor. You gots to get it girl!

Hate that I Love



Jake, I hate that I still love Sex and the City! I'm tots going to see the movie again. And not just because I was quite tipsy and don't remember every detail. But because despite all of their faults, I love those broads!

I'd like to see more girlfriend themed movies. Who do I need to speak to about a Golden Girls movie? Or Waiting to Exhale 2? I'd even take a Living Single straight to DVD joint. Make some calls...thanks!

*Samantha looked the best IMO. The dudes didn't fare so well in the aging gracefully area either. Smith Jarret gave me nothing, and Steve looked like he aged 13 years, not 3. I bet the cast of Waiting to Exhale 2 would look just as fierce as they did 15 years ago.

Oh, KB, where do I begin? First, Waiting to Exhale would include Whitney Houston and she has aged times 3 since then. Although, crackheads do seem to have superhuman powers, so maybe. Second, I would be first in line for the Golden Girl's movie at 12:01, but can they even stay awake long enough to complete a scene? Third, I want a Girlfriends movie including Toni Childs who is my favorite TV character in the history of TV. I believe her character is loosly based on me. Fourth, did you see SJP's legs? Her abs? Check alladat out during your second viewing.

Meanwhile, I hate the I loved the ending. At first I was like ugh, do we have to have a happy fucking ending and why do you have to keep going back to this dude? Then I realized that they were just keeping it real. I am a very forgiving person and I never get those folk who throw away relationships based on what they think they are sposed to do as opposed to how they really feel. So, in that sense I loved it. But, I kinda hated it too.

1 comment:

KelleBelle said...

Oh Jake! I hate that I love you. You are the ying to my yang. The Will to my Grace. The Tom to my Kat. Anywho, I knew you'd cover JHud and Girlfriends! I have to disagree with your stance that the ladies looked great. Perhaps it was my cosmo goggles but their wrinkles on that movie screen looked miles long. They all did manage to stay skinny but don't you lose your appetite as you age anyway?

Also, I am with you regarding the ending. My problem wasn't so much with Carrie - that was a realistic move. But Big! I mean damn man, what is he 65? I thought he decided she was the "one" in France?