Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Road Show



First, let me just say that I have so much to blog about, but it doesn't even fit together. I don't even know where to start! I could just throw it all into one blog or several short blogs or maybe it'll come up again at a later time. Who knows, but I do miss you guys. *Crickets*


Second, Jake and Belle recently hung out in Los Angeles and it was...how do you say...can only be described as...YUM! We had a freaking blast. Want to know what I learned during that trip?


1. KelleBelle is my Road.Dog. You want to know why we get along so well? Because I don't know anyone who eats as little and drinks as much as we do. I mean we might have a nibbly thing here or there, but for the most part the only solid foods we have is at the bottom of our sangria. For two days we tanned and drank and talked about everything and nothing at all.


2. The men in LA are hot. I mean disgustingly hot. Although, the black guys are not that hot at all. I think all the hot black guys flea to Atlanta and New York.


3. In LA, Mexicans interact with you in social settings. Whilst there I noticed mexicans out at bars and such, which led me to realize that the only time I see Mexicans in NY is when they take my plate away. Are they invisible? Where do they go after work? Where do they live? Queens? I am really puzzled by this one.


4. There are marijuana stores in LA. Can you imagine? I am not even sure if you need a prescription, but there are definitely storefronts. It's so Amsterdam, but not.


5. I heart shopping on Melrose because you can haggle for better prices. In today's uncertain economic climate haggling is very important.


6. As much as I love LA, I prolly couldn't live there. I would never leave my house because I would never be sober enough to drive. I stay on something and I find designated drivers to be snoozefests.
7. I am always glad when I leave LA. Whenever I return my rental car there is a collective sigh of relief that I am finally off the road. I always feel like each moment I spend on the road gets more dangerous. I am just not a good driver. I can handle the highway and straight driving, but if you throw in lights, people, and turns...I freak out. Why? Because I think I can do anything I want whenever I want. Switch lanes, abrupt turns, cut you off, etc. Oh, and if I am following directions...forget about it!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

QOTY: It's so Amsterdam, but not. ROTFFL!

KelleBelle said...

Aw! Don't make KB cry! You're my road dog too.

I have to say The Jake and Kelly Show retreat was epic!

Come back! I'll arrange for you to have a driver.