Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Say What Now?



K to the B...how on earth you gone blog about television and leave me out. Don't you know that I live for television? Few employed people watch as much TV as I do. I mean I stay up late just to watch all of the things on my DVR...sometimes more than once. So, now I must opine.

My favorite show these days is definitely the Wendy Williams Show. Don't hate. I be loving her long time. She's totally a friend in my head. I know if we were to ever meet we would be bestis! I swear she is a gay man. She could fit in with me and my crew and no one would skip a beat. I should really work on that because it's always good to have a girlfriend who's heels I can fit. You know, just in case... Anyways, the show is everything, but I am biased.

Currently my day consists of: Mariah and Janet from 10-2. The Wendy Williams Experience from 2-7, focus exclusively on my work from 7-9. Then I go home and it's the Wendy Williams Show, Regis & Kelly, my sports shows, SYTYCD (yes, I watch it every damn day cause I save it on my DVR) and then if I am lucky I get to watch such GREAT shows as: Brooke Hogan knows best (I mean if Wendy loves you, I love you), Denise Richards: It's Complicated (she's gorgeous), Run's House (who doesn't love this show), I Love New York (those bitches is dumb), Best week Ever, TMZ, Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, and Scare Tactics. Mix in some Golden Girls, Friends, Will & Grace, and Wii and before you know it it's 2am.

Summer TV has never been this freaking good. All that's missing from this summer line up is the Jake & Kelly Show starring Jake and Kelly. In the first episode: Jake & Kelly go looking for the Chief in West Hollywood and surprisingly fail at it. Who wouldn't tune into that? Episode 2: Jake and Kelly go stalking G-List stars in West Hollywood and fail. Episode 3: Jake and Kelly say fuck West Hollywood and find themselves in Chelsea looking for the Chief and stalking G-list stars.

But enough about that.

Television is great, but I have 3 general comments about reality television:

1. Why are we supposed to believe that actors are just being real on their reality television shows. Really Denise Richards? I actually think her acting is better in movies than on her show.

2. I love reality television, but sometimes keeping it real and go real wrong. Like, I don't want to see ugly people on television unless the show is about them being ugly and only if it includes a makeover at the end. Apply that to fat folk too.

3. How do they decide who get's a reality television show? I am sure I meet whatever the standard is. Bravo, call me; eat it, VH1. Like every damn season should include a reality show that involves Bobby Brown, Diddy, and New York. I mean just make that ish happen. Actually, I think they should have a casting show where they let us, the viewers, vote on who should get their own reality show. This way we don't have to follow around Kim Porter. Unless she is going to call Diddy up and cuss him out, I don't want to hear it, let alone see it. However, I do want to know what Naomi Campbell is doing. I wish I were the Grand Marshall of reality TV.

2 comments:

KelleBelle said...

Yes! I was wondering how/when you were going to comment on my post.

Secretly Jake, I am not a big fan of reality tv. I must have a case of that Stockholm Syndrome and have become sympathetic to my television captors. Or some f*ckery like that.

I am really trying to get back into movies starring actual professional actors. Next weekend I will be at the movie theater for about 48 hours straight to catch up on all the flicks I've missed recently. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, who do we need to talk to so we can get the J&K show greenlit? I'm thinking the new Lifetime needs us on their lineup!

Make some calls please. Thanks!

KelleBelle said...

ps: Did you peep how Wendy co-signed all of my previous comments/thoughts about Sherri Shephard?!

Wendy and I are tots bestis. Can you imagine the 3 of us glamazons in WeHo?

Omgz!!!