Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Nerve!


This is an emergency post. I was not planning on writing about this series of events but I just had to.

Picture it: I played wingwoman on Saturday night for a couple of girlfriends. To make a long story short, there were 3 brothers: 1 lives in Seattle, and two live in South Carolina where they are originally from. The two brothers were in town visting and they all hung out with my girlfriends. I was the 3rd and my match was the brother that lived here. After the 5 of them had hung out a few times without me last week (due to work/other obligations I couldn't join), I finally joined the party Saturday night, reluctantly.

We all met up at a WACK club (par for the course in Seattle) and quickly decided to move it to my crib. We ended up having a great time chatting, laughing, drinking, hanging with the chief, etc. They left around 3am - mind you my normal bed time (insomnia notwithstanding) is around 9pm. I could barely keep my eyes open when they left.

As they were leaving I told my match that we should hang out in the future, and he agreed. (side note: he was cute enough and mildly amusing, but not that amazing.) About 5 minutes after they left I noticed the guys left their chief. I sent my girlfriend a text telling her to tell the guys the scoop and I received a phone call from my match not 2 minutes later. I asked him when he wanted to pick it up (another day), or I could drop it off the next day, as I was half-asleep and already in my pjs.

He then proceeded to drunkenly attempt to negotiate his way back up to my apartment. He wanted to keep the party going, just him and I.

I was not down for the following reasons: 1. I was exhausted. 2. I don't know him like that. 3. I'm not a horny 22 year old that can't resist an invite for a drunken makeout session. No thank you.

We hung up, I went to bed, and that's it. Then my friend asked me today if I heard from said dude. I said I didn't but I'd send him a text to see what's up. Here's the series of texts:

Me: Hey there...Your bros make it home okay?

Him: Yeah they did thanks for asking

Me: Good to hear. So you gonna come by and scoop your stuff?

Him: Naw may be another time could you put it up for me ?

Me: Sure. I wasn't suggesting you come today. I'll stash it.

Him: Cool thank you

Him: Hey you can go head and keep that i'm good

I was THIS close to replying with the smartest of smart ass replies, but I decided to be the mature adult in the situation and left it at that.

I emailed the above series of texts to my friend along with a note detailing my extreme distaste for this supposed "gentleman." She told me that he told her he was OFFENDED that I didn't want to kick it post 3am Saturday night. Are you mofo joking? I told her I was appalled and he needs to apologize to me asap as it will be a cold day in hell before I tolerate such fuckery.

Is KB overreacting here? Call me a traditionalist, but I think the above correspondence and series of events is incredibly rude and anything but gentlemanly.

My friend who recruited me as the 3rd and thought that this dude and I would be a good match is disappointed it didn't work out. She also in my opinion insinuated that there was miscommunication going on and it wasn't completly the dude's fault for being a jackass. I highly disagree.

I suppose I made out on top on this one: I got to keep the chief! ;)

Smooches,

KB

5 comments:

Eve said...

firstly, what is a chief? but even without understanding that, boo on him. I hope its something good cause he wouldnt ever get that ish back.

KelleBelle said...

Bless your heart! I will tell you what the chief is elsewhere. :)

Or you can find out when you come out to visit in May! Can't wait.

Xoxo,

KB

kapspecial@gmail.com said...

Mr. Potential Match obviously turned out to be Mr. Wrong. Where do I begin? A LESSON FOR MR. WRONG - Who gets mad cause they can't restart a "party" once it ends. Mr. Wrong, you left without a fight, please don't get mad cause you can't get back in at 3am. You were NOT at the IHOP. There are closing hours and then there are special invitations/passes that will get you in despite the aforementioned closing hours. Apparently KB didn't extend such an invitation to you at the time so get over it. Try another day. [Sidenote:Is the world just full of quitters or what? Dang, you can't at least take someone out on a real date before trying to push up all extra hard?] Perhaps Mr. Wrong could not handle being under the influence in which case he should stay clear of the influences. [Sidenote: Fargo. Just keeping my promise.]

Andrew said...

Good for you Kelly. You obviously know what you want and are not afraid to stand firm with waiting for that person. This guy was obviously not the high quality man that a strong woman like yourself deserves!

Anonymous said...

It was on the newspaper when he saw the watch again. How time flies! 50 years had passed since he saw it the last time. He never stopped finding it during the 50 years. He was too old to remember too many things. However, everything about her was still engraved in his mind and never disappeared.[url=http://www.good4shopper.com/emporio-armani-watches.html]replica Emporio Armani [/url] [url=http://www.luxucenter.com/]replica Louis Vuitton[/url] [url=http://www.sunglassescool.com/oakley-sunglasses.html]oakley Sunglasses[/url] Rolex has excellent styles for both males and females, and the price ranges enormously so that most consumers can have a satisfying Rolex. This ladies?Rolex President is the ideal watch for the excellent females. It is made of 18k yellow gold, including the crown and the flutes bezel. it has the custom champagne diamond dial with 10 round cut diamonds. The crystal is of scratch-resistant sapphire conversion. The President Bracelet is powerful, giving the watch a modern look. It is the synonym of luxury and elegance and is suitable for the finest tastes. Some other popular dial colors including silver and white and mother of pearl are also provided. The consumers can choose according to personal taste. This style is very popular among today young professional women.