Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What the Eff Wednesday (Malo Miercoles)


The last thing on my mind last night when I went to bed was the phrase: God is Good. Y'all know KelleBelle is a card carrying heathen, but for some reason that's all I could think about last night.

Today started out as a regular day: up at a quarter to 5 to walk Kingston, hit the gym, dressed for work, hopped in the whip and was on my way into the office when...

I witnessed the immediate aftermath of a horrible accident. A jogger was hit by the car in front of me. I thought the guy was dead. I've never seen a dead body before (knock the hell on wood). I freaked out. Then he slowly lifted his head from the road he was laying flat on...and all you could see was blood and I think some teeth and/or bone fragments. After making sure he was fine (I yelled at a helpful bystander - "Don't touch him! His neck may be broken!") and assured all necessary witnesses were there for the police to interview (I didn't actually see the moment of impact) I continued on my way to work.

I turned on my computer and hopped onto Gmail only to find out some bad news about a friend. Two words: lay-offs.

As I sat at my desk in silence I said a prayer for the injured jogger and my now jobless friend. I couldn't help but think about the phrase I kept repeating to myself last night: God is Good.

(For the record my life hasn't been all candy corn and cosmos, but I thank whoeva is up in the heavens for my blessings daily, son!)

The jogger will recover from his injuries, my friend will find another, even better gig, and life will go on.

Life...she's a crazy B!

Hugs and kisses y'all,

KB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, KB, so proud of you :). MMM

kapspecial@gmail.com said...

Yes, God is good. And I know I do a lot of complaining about Fargo (yes, every comment I post will have a Fargo reference until further notice), but I am blessed to have family and friends, be healthy AND to have a job. FYI, getting hit by a car is now my number reason not to go bike riding. I'm still trying to come up with a valid reason not to ride the treadmill in my apt. :(

KelleBelle said...

Thanks MMM! Just trying my best to avoid going directly to hell in a handbasket.

Kim you are hilarious. Ride that treadmill!

After seeing that crash I am more happy than ever that I only run indoors, at the gym. I'll continue to do so even as the weather breaks. Too dangerous!