Friday, November 9, 2007

Question of the Day

Is he gay or just a good dancer?
This question was posed to me recently about a very handsome young gent who was dancing his lil heart out at a party. Upon checking out his fluid, funky moves (more Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds than Chris Brown) and his impeccable style, I said firmly, "Gay." So of course I was shocked to learn said Tiny Dancer was sweet on ol' Kelle Belle! Yes, I am quite tall and have somewhat broad shoulders, but trust, I am all woman. There must be a mistake! So he isn't gay? I want a recount!

I have a few very stylish male friends whose sexuality is always a subject of debate. I fiercely defend their heterosexuality ("He lives with his girlfriend for goodness sakes!") but am always met with raised eyebrows and a condescending "Okay, Kelly...if you say so" followed by lengthy snickering.

I cite famous examples of "effeminite" men who are definitely straight to prove my point further. Take for instance, a certain caramel skin, slant-eyed, short, music industry figure. No, not John Legend (jury's still out on him), but Russel Simmons! Dude definitely has some effeminite characteristics (and the lisp doesn't help) but he is sho-nuff into the ladies. Yes, he may only date models that tower over him, but that has more to do with his Napoleon complex, not his need for a beard.



Back to Tiny Dancer. He is extremely good looking and nice, but even if he is straight, if I had to question his sexuality, dude's not for me. I like my mens manly. A little scruff never hurt nobody. Look, I appreciate a well groomed man like the next lady, but arched eyebrows is a no-no. As is manicured nails. Clean nails yes...clear polish? Nay.

No comments: