Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sweet November...Sour December

Jake, I am in a fall funk. I pride myself on my sunny southern california disposition, but I just can't fake the funk no mo'. I am not liking the shortening of days, the decreasing temperatures, or the upcoming holiday season. For me the holiday season means: long flights and delays, over-eating and the guilt that follows (not to mention the ill-fitting clothes due to the expanded waistline), family quabbles, and my birthday which happens to occur smack dab in the middle of January. Most people are still hungover from NYE to really celebrate, and it's too cold outside to wear anything super cute anyway. I know what you are going to say: "Tim Gunn it", KIC, KIM, etc. But I don't know if I can....I know, when in doubt make a list! Here are some of the things I like about the holiday/winter season:

1. Sales. If I remember correctly, my brother purchased a flat screen Tv for like .99 cents the day after Thanksgiving last year. I need a DVD player and new laptop, so guess where I'll be November 23rd? You guessed it, Kmart! I kid. But I will be at Target. Baby steps...



2. Peppermint Hot Chocolate. My signature holiday/winter cocktail. It's THE perfect cold weather drink. The hot choco warms you up, the Peppermint Schnapps gets you nice and tipsy (bonus: your breath smells amazing!), and the whipped cream and mini candy cane as garnish is just too perfect. You can't help but smile when you see a piping hot mug of KB's PHC coming your way.



3. Kingston looks ridiculously adorable in his his doggy Yamaka.



Readers, help out with my list! What else can I look forward to this holiday/winter season?

No comments: