Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's Monday And It's a Thin Line

Welcome to the Jake & Kelly show. It's a celebration, so enjoy yourselves. Straight from the private conversations of KelleBelle and Jake is some insight into what we hate, what we love, and what we hate that we love...at the end we want a collective Yay-man!

Hate

Jake, I hate Akon. There, I said it. And it has nary to do with his inappropriate and most likely illegal onstage antics. I'll even give him a pass on the whole multiple wives thing. His songs are annoying - enough with the nasal whining already (this goes for t-pain, sean kingston, et al) - Keith Sweat has you bitches beat. Despite my personal feelings of loathe for him, I realize the kids like his jingles and unruly behavior. Fine. But I will not sit back and watch him and his impersonatin' look-alike brothers (who make a living pretending to be Akon to secure free meals, clothes, and sex) sully the already polluted genre of reality tv by having their own show. Let the online petition signing to halt production begin! Who you hatin' these days Jake?
Damn Akon, Jake hates 50 cent and the whole 50 cent, Kanye West drama. Both are big ol temper tantrum throwing queens with artificially inflated egos, but 50 cent cannot seem to be able to produce music without a gimmick. He is one big ole gimmick. The first album was about him being shot a billion times, and how that made him gangsta (which still confuses me as he was the one shot). The second album was all about the beef with him and almost evereyone, but really Ja Rule. And just as critics trash this current album forcing the delay of the release date he finds a new target: Kanye West. Am soo over it. I hope people don't fall for it.
Love
KelleBelle loves the Brits. They are becoming a significant thread in the American gossip fabric and I am loving every minute of it. The Beckhams are ridiculous, Amy Winehouse takes junky chic to anotherlevel, and Mel B gives me everything: baby daddy drama to the nth degree, secret marriage, career revival, all the while looking more fabulous than ever. Our counterparts: TomKat/LiLo/Anna Nicole, are good, but something about the Brits brings a bit of class to the joint. The joint of course being supermarket tabloids and tmz.com.
KB, I love Beyonce for taking Robin Thicke on tour with her. Not since I watched Mean Girls and Legally Blonde back to back have I been so entertained for such a long period of time. Words cannot explain how great the "Beyonce Experience" is. I needed a good ole fashioned nap after the smoke and confetti cleared. It is indeed love. And you?
Hate to Love
Jakester, I hate that I love to death striptease workout class. I hate that it was the best workout of my life. I hate that the instructor told me (and no one else) that I was a natural. I hate that I am serioulsy considering a career move. Seriously. J, not only did I make it rain in that class numerous times, I haven't stopped fantasizing about making it rain for real.
Aside from hating on the extent of your ridiculousness KB, I really hate that I love Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge, and I am embarrassed for saying it outloud. But god knows I do. Vanilla Ice, one of the Baldwins, a former gladiator, and former football player all riding bulls. They start by riding the mechanical bull, which should pretty much never be done by a straight man, and then they move on to a level 1 bull. Yikes! It's fun times. It is the dumbest show, but it these uncertain television times, it gets almost top priority on my DVR list. I can't even say that I am watching ironically.

2 comments:

L.Nikki said...

Good mornting!

Welcome back! This is like the best birthday gift EVERS!! Loves it!

L.Nikki said...

My own list!

Love: Anything to do with weddings. I'm currently obsessed, prolly cuz I'm a month from my own.

Hate: Michael Vick coverage (People are killing their KIDS, America!!), R.Kelly's trial (I mean, didn't this happen already, if not I'm pretty sure I'm over it), coverage of Britney's parenting habits (I mean, the kids are ALIVE right?), and the House of Dereon.

Hate to Love: ANTM marathons. I've seen every episode in real time or near real time. DAMN MTV for sucking me in repeatedly.

Love to Hate: People who eat.