Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Snooze.


Sleep. I love it! It's like a mini-vacay for the mind, no? I don't know about you but my mind is going a mile a minute all day and all night, until I finally drift off to sleep. If I'm in a sad or foul mood, a quick nap is a nice vacay for my thoughts. While asleep, you're not thinking about your chosen path in life, whether you'll die alone, if your highlights are flattering for your skin tone, etc.

Am I the only one who sees sleep this way? I think if truly depressed people would just take a good ol fashioned nap, they'd never have to resort to suicide, drugs, or worse, writing bad poetry. Sleeping can be an escape, and it's beneficial for the mind and body. The world's best medicine!

Eff Rehab, go to bed and sleep it off! I bet if Amy Winehouse would just have some warm milk and a Benyadryl, she'd sleep off that heroin addiction in no time! If Foxy would just relax and get some good R&R I'm positive she'd cease from getting in all these confrontations. Well rested people do not beat others up with their phones nor lie to the police.

A friend of mine is currently in Barbados on vacation, and do you know what she's been doing? Sleeping! Screw snorkling or "cuba" diving, it's all about the sleep son! Due to the ridiculous pace of my job, I am not going to be able to take a vacation for a few months...As I was thinking about where to go on vacay I thought I'd really just like to sleep, for like seven days straight. Is that bad? I mean, I'd love to do it on a warm beach somewhere, but to be honest, in my cozy bed in Philly is just fine! I'd just lie to my boss and say I'm going overseas for a week and won't have access to phone/email.

Further, I think sleeping should be a sport. I mean, ESPN broadcasts the world championships of cup stacking for goodness sakes. Why not have a who-can-fuck-up-some-sleep championship? I'd win by a landslide everytime. Drool would be measured as well as REM levels to determine who fucked up the most sleep.



Jake, am I crazy? Or just well rested?

You know KB, I used to hate sleeping. Then I got a new $3,000 mattress and some Ambien. My old mattress was hard as rocks. Anyone would hate sleeping. Look at ya boy Homer. That be me. Delicious.

No comments: