Thursday, September 13, 2007

Jumping Off!



Jake! You know I have been ridiculously busy with work and planning two major events in the coming weeks. I have very little time for tomfoolery or fuckery. I can't even find the time to blog! So you know this must be an emergency.

Picture it: tonight, about 45 minutes ago. I'm home, exhausted, and working on yet another deal that needs my attention. As I'm trying to finish up this ish so I can pass out and rest up for my 6am spinning class, do you know a former jump off had the nerve to call me repeatedly - which I ignored - and then sent me a text saying, ''I'm downstairs.''

J, at this point I am so stressed and tired, Nigel could have sent that text and I woulda hesitated before answering the door. But jump-off? Are you kidding me?

So I've come up with a few commandments Jump-Offs should follow:

1. Do NOT pop-in. Our meetings must always be pre-determined and scheduled. You are not a pleasant surprise by any means.

2. If you call me and I don't answer that means I am busy, away from my phone, or I DON'T want to talk to you. Calling back repeatedly is just a waste of your time, and more importantly, mine.

3. Do NOT ever, never, bring up the following topics: ''Settling down", children, marriage, you get the idea.

4. DON'T get it twisted. You are and will only be a jump-off, a plan B. Sorry, but that's your role in this life. Be happy you were even invited to the party.


1 comment:

Thembi Ford said...

If may be so bold as to add number 5...
5. If I say that I'm attending a party or other event, even if that party or event is being thrown by me, thou shalt not ask "Oh what time should I be there?" because you aren't invited and will never meet my friends or family.