Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Nerve!

My my, Jake and I have had quite the week...and it's only Tuesday! Jake, my story isn't as scary and nightmare-inducing as your experience on the way into work, but it is noteworthy nonetheless.

Picture it: Philadelphia, this morning. I am walking Kingston down my block for our usual morning stroll. As you know, Kingston is an adopted child, much like Zahara, Pax, or Maddox Jolie-Pitt. Unlike those children, Kingston was not handpicked from an orphanage and chosen because he was the cutest out of all the other ethnic orphans. Kingston was rescued from the streets of West Philly. And he looked like it. Although he has a heart of gold, he is fur-challenged. Despite repeated consultations and treatments from the Hair Center for Dogs, he has yet to grow a full coat. Everyone in our neighborhood knows this and still roots for his coat to someday be full and luxurious like his mama's. But let me get back to this morning.

Chile, wouldn't you know a couple of SHE-MALES walked by us and one of them had the nerve to point at Kingston and yell at the top of his/her lungs: "What is THAT?!" Kingston shed a tear in embarrassment and sorrow (or he would have if he could). I looked straight at the he/she and said, "It's a Dog! What are you?!" Okay, I only said the first part. But I really wanted to say the second. Can you believe the nerve?! How you gon' be a she-male (not that I have a problem with it) and call someone's dog out like they are some freak show?



This was worse then the time when a Bald man laughed at Kingston for being a bald dog....before heading home to his glass house where he proceeded to throw stones.

The nerve of some people!

No comments: