Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Baby, Baby, Baby...


So Halle Berry is preggers. I want to be excited as she is beautiful and from what I understand really wanted a kid. However, what is with all these non-marital children. This is like the in vogue thing to do in Hollywood and in life and it ain’t cool.

I believe the song went…first come loves, then comes marriage, THEN MAYBE PERHAPS A BABY CARRIAGE. It certainly didn’t say first comes baby carriage, then MAYBE PERHAPS MARRIAGE. I simply do not understand how you would have a baby with someone that you wouldn’t be willing to marry.

It seems to me that people should have the highest of standards for he who she plans to have a child with. If you are cute, we can make out. If you are hot, we can have sex. If I love you, we can do it anytime, anyplace. If I am in love with you, we can get married. If I am in love with you and I cannot possibly ever in life see myself living without you and I am convinced that you feel the same way and I am convinced you would be a good parent, we can have a kid. Under no circumstances is anybody around here having a kid with someone without being committed to him/her forever and ever amen.

Two things I hate to hear: (1) I really want a kid and (2) I can take care of a kid by myself. First, it’s not about you, it’s about the kid and kids should have at least 2 parents. Second, it’s not about what you can do, but what you should do. What you should do is strap up until you are married.