Monday, September 17, 2007

Your Weekly Dose...

It's Monday, and you know what that means don't you? That's right, it's a thin effing line!

Love
KB:

Brunettes. After a brief summer fling with blond highlights, I went dark again -- this time chocolate brown with some deep honey brown medium-lights. YUM. I feel more refined, graceful, and classy. And I'm pretty sure I look thinner. Kind of like Katie Holmes or Anne Hathaway...sans the whiteness.
Jake:

Good for you KB! I love anything that makes me look thinner too. You know what else I love? Kelly Rippa. I know it's random, but I swear I cannot leave my house in the morning without my daily dose of Kelly. She's hot and she's hilarious. I enjoy her energy. She makes me feel thinner. Oh, and her husband is hot too.

Hate
KB:
Broke-ass ni**as. Yup, I said it. And you can be any race or gender...And be a broke ass ni**a. Look, we've all - or most of us - been there. You got 25 bucks in your checking account, no savings to speak of, and your rent is late. For most of us, this was a phase called college. Or maybe a month or two during grad school. It happens. This does not make one a broke-ass ni**a. You learn from your mistakes, you grow the eff up, and balance your lifestyle and budget [as best as you can]. But if you are grown [damn near knocking on 40], and are constantly broke, I should not be seeing you out at events and at the club/bar when you know you should be at home sippin' on a PBR surfing the web via your neighbor's wireless internet connection. Why did you spend your entire paycheck on friday night trying to keep up with the Jones' and order 5 glasses of courveausior? While I was sipping on well vodka and enjoying the complimentary peanuts. It may not be fab, but it's real.

Jake:
Yikes! You need a hug darling? Perhaps help with designing a better screening process? That's exactly why I don't do the arts. Those fuckers is always broke. Hot, but broke. You know what I hate? Shopping! This weekend I had to go infuse my fall wardrobe with some new things and boy was I over it almost immediately. I feel like I've shopped all my life and have no more in me. I have lost all interest in fashion and have become less vain over time. I used to put the effort in, but now I just ask myself...do I look crazy? If it passes the crazy test I am out the door. But that don't stop me from talking about everyoine else. It's true. I have some damn nerve.

Hate to Love

KB:
Dudes. This seems to be a recurring theme of our posts Jake. But dammit if it ain't true. Kanye had it right when he said "On that independent shit/Trade it all for a husband and some kids." Sigh. I would. I love my autonomy but I need the company of a man. A good one...perhaps it's just this cold weather that's got me gettin' all sentimental and shizz. Frosty weather will do that to you.


Jake:
Well KB, unlike us gays, you straights have a choice. Sisters on Thursdays is the hot Phily spot. Tim Gunn it and make it work. We talked about this some, but I hate that I love Kanye West. I have never had such a huge flip flop on a person because once I hate you I try to stay committed, but anyone who lays the smack down on 50 cent the way he has deserves my admiration. Know why I love him? First, I hate 50 that much. Second, I love how 50 is all wrapped up on Kanye and Kanye cares more about competing with Justin Timberlake. Loves it! C) 50 is all angry about what transpires on 106 and Park, meanwhile Kanye is on Ellen and the FUCKING EMMYS! Snaps for the kid! Oh, and Kanye has a better album and more album sales. What you gone do now 50? You could take your shirt off, but we have seen that before. You could talk about getting shot up, but we've heard that before. You shoulda picked on Nelly or some such artist. I hate that I love you Kanye! Call me! 5 5 5...

No comments: